Style Me Pink
Celebrity Pink Fashion Show Benefitting Susan G Komen Los Angeles County
October 14th, 2015
7:00pm Cocktail Reception
7:30pm Celebrity Arrivals
9:00pm Runway Show
Style Fashion Week Tent - 1933 S Broadway, Los Angeles 90007
Leaders in the fight against breast cancer unite to save lives at Style Me Pink Fashion Show
benefitting Susan G Komen during Los Angeles Fashion Week
Komen for the Cure is the global leader of the breast cancer movement, having invested more than $1.9 billion since its inception in 1982. Komen’s promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. Across the country, that promise is upheld by a network of 121 local Affiliate offices. At the heart of each Affiliate is a person or group of people who, like Susan, wanted to make a difference.
Over 15 years, the Komen Los Angeles County Affiliate has raised $8.9 million to provide community-based grants to local organizations providing breast cancer screening, education, and treatment services and to help fund national breast cancer research programs. A major focus of the Komen Los Angeles County Affiliate is to help uninsured and underinsured women and men who have symptoms of breast cancer and are facing barriers to accessing health care, particularly women and men under 40. Of all breast cancer foundations, Komen is the only organization where 75% of the net proceeds stay in the communities where they are raised. The remaining 25% of the net funds raised support Komen’s National Grant Program, which is regarded as the most innovative and responsive grant program in breast cancer research.
Komen has been named a top-rated charity by Charity Navigator, America's largest independent evaluator of charities, for a second year in a row. Charity Navigator's award of four out of a possible four stars indicates that we excel in successfully managing our organizational finances in an efficient and effective manner.